![]() |
Kothgorr Castle
|
Lady Rosamund's Recluse is now live on Amazon. I've dragged myself away from constantly tweaking it here and there, as the next book in the series 'Lord Felix and Miss Fraser' is pestering me to get started on it.
![]() |
| The novel's cover |
I'm sure I've written an outline of Rosamund's and Petroc's story previously, but here is what I've put on Facebook about the novel:
" ....I have to say that writing this book has been a wonderful experience - Rosamund and Petroc are the perfect protagonists, and the grim granite Kothgorr castle is ideal for a gothic romance. The story is set in Cornwall, where Lady Rosamund arrives incognito, as Mr. Ross Fothergill, to act as temporary secretary and amanuensis to Petroc Tregannon, Viscount Kothgorr. Petroc has been a recluse since Waterloo having suffered disfiguring and disabling injuries. Rosamund has dubbed him 'the rudest man on the planet' but is willing to put up with him to get access to the family records and continue her research into her colourful ancestor, Lady Thomasina. As they learn to work and live together, Petroc is intrigued by his clever assistant, and Rosamund finds herself relaxing with this surprisingly interesting man. However, servants notice everything, and ..... Well that's enough spoilers for now!"
![]() |
Lady Thomasina - Rosamund's ancestor and role model!
|
It is my favourite book in the series - I just love Rosamund and Petroc, they are funny, clever and endearing (without being mawkish). John says the book is spooky, especially near to the end (which is good because it is supposed to be a 'Gothic' Romance, but we are not talking anything that will keep you awake at night!)
So, a couple of days rest and then serious writing starts on Felix. It's a tale of a very bored Felix accidently getting involved in bringing justice to Catriona Fraser, who has been robbed of her brithright by unscrupulous relatives. However, Catriona wants nothing of it - pursuing justice may cost her her life, so she sets about thwarting the plan hatched by her Grandmother, Lady Diane de Hauteville Vaisey and Felix. Mayhem ensues! I'm not saying much more as plots invariably change as you write them, and in the numerous revisions made later. I think it should be good, and hope to publish by Christmas.




No comments:
Post a Comment